Membership with the Fraser Valley Foster Parent Association is open to all Foster Parents in British Columbia, however our area served is the Fraser Valley. Becoming a member helps us grow our organization and helps Foster Parents in the Fraser Valley have a bigger voice in foster care in our Province.
With your Fraser Valley Foster Parents Association membership you receive:
- Quarterly newsletters with useful updates and information about upcoming events
- $10 off of your breakfast at Breakfast Meetings
- At least $5 off of our workshop prices. We also work with other agencies that offer discounts to FVFPA members.
- Support for any issues related to fostering. This can include representation at Quality of Care or Protocol meetings as well as general questions and support around contracts, transitions, children’s need and working with the Ministry.
- Eligibility for $300 bursaries for camp or supplies for kids in foster homes. To qualify for one of the bursaries, you must attend at least 2 workshops and 3 breakfast meetings between June 1 and May 31 each year.
- Eligibility to run for and vote on our elected board members and directors. We are always looking for fresh ideas and energy. Watch for our next election.
This is a one-year membership family at the cost of $35 a year. Starting January 1 and ending December 31. It is renewable each year. To be a member in good standing for the current year your membership must be paid by February 28. Late memberships will be accepted but you will not be able to run for election or vote at our AGM until the following year.
With your support and membership, we are able to provide workshops, bursaries, reduced cost breakfast meetings, trained support workers to support you during any meetings and peer support over the phone. By attending these workshops and breakfast meetings you can connect with other Foster Parents.
To be eligible to apply for a bursary in July of each year, you need to be a member in good standing and have attended three breakfast meetings and two workshops (sponsored by the FVFPA) between June 1 and May 31.
Payment can be made through this form via Paypal. We can also accept cheques via mail. Please contact us for the mailing address.